Privacy Statement for California Residents
This section applies only to residents of California, USA. It describes how Veracyte, Inc. (“Veracyte”) collects, uses and shares Personal Information relating to California residents in operating its business, and their rights with respect to that Personal Information. A reference to “Veracyte,” “we,” “us,” or “our” is a reference to Veracyte, Inc. and/or any relevant affiliate involved in the Personal Information processing activity, which could include Veracyte International Corp., Veracyte Global BV, Decipher Biosciences, Inc., and/or Decipher Corp.
For purposes of this Statement, “Personal Information” has the meaning given in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) but does not include information exempted from the scope of the CCPA.*
Personal Information Collected, Used and Shared The chart below summarizes how we collect, use and share Personal Information by reference to the statutory categories specified in the CCPA, and describes our practices during the 12 months preceding the effective date of this Privacy Statement.
Sharing Personal Information with Third Parties
We may share your Personal Information with the following categories of third parties for a business purpose:
- Healthcare professionals
- Service providers
- Advertising partners
- Professional advisors
- Business transferees
We obtain the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you or your agent.
- Directly and indirectly from activity on websites we control (the “Sites”); for example, from submission forms on our Sites, or website usage details collected automatically.
- From affiliates or third parties that interact with us; for example, a distributor, or a trade show, event or webinar service provider or sponsor.
- From publicly available information.
We collect the categories of Personal Information listed above for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or product sample, or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate product recalls or process returns.
- To provide, support, and develop our Sites, products, and services, including for testing, research, analysis, and product development.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To provide you with support and respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Sites, third party sites, and via email (with your consent for email communications where required by law).
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Sites, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
Your Rights and Choices
California residents are entitled to certain rights relating to their Personal Information, including the following:
- You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection, use and/or disclosure of your Personal Information over the past 12 months.
- You have the right to request the deletion of Personal Information that we collected about you and retained, subject to certain exceptions.
Emailing us at email@example.com
Calling us at 1.844.558.8372
For your protection, when you seek to exercise the rights described above, it will be necessary for us to verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the Personal Information relates to you. We will endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of receipt. Please note that your right to deletion of Personal Information is subject to certain exceptions by law. If you submit a request for deletion and we retain any Personal Information under one or more of these exceptions, we will explain this to you in our response. Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You (or your authorized agent) must provide documentation signed by you demonstrating that the agent is authorized to submit a verifiable consumer request on your behalf.
We do not sell California resident Personal Information (relating to adults and to minors under 18) to a third party, and have not sold California resident Personal Information in the past 12 months. In accordance with your rights under the CCPA, we will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your privacy rights under California law or applicable law.
Other California Privacy Rights
California's “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Changes to Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time. If we make material changes to this Statement, we will notify you by updating the date of this Statement and posting it on this webpage. Please revisit this page to stay aware of any changes. Any modifications to this Privacy Statement will be effective upon our posting the new terms and/or upon implementation of the changes (or as otherwise indicated at the time of posting). In all cases, your continued use of the Sites after the posting of any modified Privacy Statement indicates your acceptance of the terms of the modified Privacy Statement.
Veracyte Contact Information:
Any California resident with a question or complaint relating to the rights and/or disclosures outlined in this Privacy Statement may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or as follows:
Attn: Privacy Officer
6000 Shoreline Court, Suite 300
South San Francisco, CA 94080
*This Privacy Statement does not apply to Personal Information relating to employees, contractors and job candidates that is collected and processed in the context of an employment relationship. You may request a copy of Veracyte’s Privacy Statement for Employees, Contractors and Job Applicants by emailing email@example.com.