Bonnie H. AndersonChief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board
- Bonnie H. Anderson is Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board of Veracyte, a pioneering genomic diagnostics company that improves the lives of patients by reducing diagnostic ambiguity in healthcare – enabling patients to get diagnosed sooner and avoid invasive surgeries and other costly procedures. Her career spans over 30 years in regulated diagnostics and life science markets. Ms. Anderson cofounded Veracyte in 2008 and served as the company’s President and Chief Executive Officer until 2016, when she was also appointed Chairman of the Board. She took the company public in 2013 and has spearheaded Veracyte’s commercialization successes to date. Veracyte’s genomic tests are setting new standards in thyroid and lung cancer diagnosis, where they have helped tens of thousands of patients avoid unnecessary surgery. Prior to Veracyte, Ms. Anderson provided strategic consulting services to venture capital firms and early-stage businesses following 18 years
- in leadership positions at Beckman Coulter. She serves on the board of Castle Biosciences and on the steering committee for the Coalition for 21st Century Medicine and is a trustee emeritus of the Keck Graduate Institute of Applied Life Sciences. She graduated from Indiana University of Pennsylvania with a Bachelors of Science degree in Medical Technology and in 2012 was honored with a “Distinguished Alumni” award. In 2015, Fast Company magazine named Ms. Anderson to its “100 Most Creative People in Business” list. She was named one of the “Most Influential Women in Bay Area Business” (2013) and one of the “Bay Area’s Most Admired CEOs” (2014) by the San Francisco Business Times, and has also received the Silicon Valley Business Journal’s “Women of Influence” award (2013).
Christopher M. HallPresident and Chief Operating Officer
- Christopher M. Hall was appointed President and Chief Operating Officer of Veracyte in February 2017. He joined the company in March 2010 as Chief Commercial Officer and in September 2014 was named Chief Operating Officer. During his tenure, Mr. Hall led the development and oversight of Veracyte’s commercial enterprise and operations. This included overseeing the successful launch of the company’s three products, including its market-leading Afirma® Gene Expression Classifier, which is becoming the new standard of care in thyroid cancer diagnosis. Before joining Veracyte, Mr. Hall served as a Senior Vice President of Celera Corporation. Prior to this, Mr. Hall held several executive positions at Berkeley HeartLab (BHL; acquired
- by Celera in 2007), including Chief Clinical Operations Officer and Vice President, Marketing. During his time at BHL, Mr. Hall led the commercialization of several proprietary genetic tests, as well as the launch of a new sample collection platform and was instrumental in repositioning the company from a specialty laboratory for advanced lipid blood tests to a cardiovascular disease management company. Mr. Hall has also held management and sales positions with Asimba, Kenan Systems, and Symmetrix. Mr. Hall holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from DePauw University in Greencastle, Indiana and an M.B.A. from Harvard University.
Keith KennedyChief Financial Officer
- Mr. Kennedy joined Veracyte in December 2016, bringing over 20 years of executive experience in finance. Previously, he was President and Chief Executive Officer of MCG Capital Corporation, where he led strategy and operations for the publicly held commercial finance company and held various Board roles for its portfolio companies in health care and other industries. He led MCG Capital’s successful sale to PennantPark Floating Rate Capital Ltd. in 2015 and consulted for PennantPark Investment Advisors, LLC after the sale. Mr. Kennedy had previously served as MCG Capital’s Chief Financial Officer, Chief Accounting Officer and Treasurer. Prior
- to that, Mr. Kennedy served as the Healthcare Executive-in-Residence at Arlington Capital Partners and as a Managing Director at GE Capital. Prior to GE Capital, he worked for Ernst & Young LLP and served as an Officer in the United States Air Force. Mr. Kennedy received his M.B.A. from The College of William & Mary and Bachelor of Science with High Distinction from Indiana University. Mr. Kennedy is a Chartered Financial Analyst and Certified Public Accountant.
Neil M. Barth, M.D.Chief Medical Officer
- Neil M. Barth, M.D., F.A.C.P., joined Veracyte as Chief Medical Officer in August 2015, bringing more than 30 years of medical leadership experience. Most recently, he served as Chief Medical Officer for Agendia NV, a molecular diagnostics company focused on oncology, where he guided the company’s medical strategic direction, quality initiatives, and interface with regulators and payers. Dr. Barth previously served as Chief Medical Officer for Ambry Genetics, a clinical genetics diagnostics company. Dr. Barth’s experience includes 30 years as President and Medical Director for Newport Pacific Medical Associates, a large hematology-oncology medical
- practice he founded in 1982. Concurrently, he served in various roles, including Executive Medical Director and Chief of Staff, at Orange County, Calif.-based Hoag Memorial Presbyterian Hospital and Hoag Family Cancer Institute. Dr. Barth has authored more than 90 peer-reviewed journal articles, book chapters and abstracts and is a noted speaker and presenter. Dr. Barth is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology and Medical Oncology. He completed his M.D. at the Medical College of Ohio and his residency and fellowship at Harbor UCLA Medical Center.
Giulia C. Kennedy, Ph.D.Chief Scientific Officer, Senior Vice President of Research, Product and Clinical Development
- Giulia C. Kennedy is Chief Scientific Officer and Senior Vice President of Research, Product and Clinical Development for Veracyte. Since joining the genomic diagnostics company in 2008, Dr. Kennedy has overseen the development of three commercialized genomic tests that help reduce unnecessary surgeries and healthcare costs by resolving diagnostic uncertainty. The company’s tests are setting new standards in disease diagnosis, where they are changing patient care and obtaining insurance coverage. Through Dr. Kennedy’s scientific leadership, Veracyte continually pushes the boundaries of what is possible in genomic diagnostics, using big data and machine learning to develop tests that answer critical clinical questions. Prior to Veracyte, Dr. Kennedy led the Genomics Collaborations and Genotyping Technology R&D groups at Affymetrix, Inc. Before that,
- she was a scientific leader for the colon cancer and breast cancer gene discovery efforts at Chiron Corporation, resulting in the identification of oncology markers for therapeutic drug development. Dr. Kennedy was previously a scientist at Millennium Pharmaceuticals, where she implemented genomic and genetic approaches to uncover diabetes susceptibility genes. She holds a Ph.D. degree in biochemistry, and completed postdoctoral training at the University of California at San Francisco in the Biochemistry Department and Hormone Research Institute. Dr. Kennedy has published more than 50 articles in peer-reviewed scientific journals and is a co-inventor on more than 20 patents.
John W. HannaChief Commercial Officer
- John W. Hanna was named Chief Commercial Officer of Veracyte in March 2017. He joined the company in August 2011, and has held senior management positions including Vice President of Marketing and Vice President of Endocrinology. During his tenure, Mr. Hanna has helped define clear patient-centric value propositions for Veracyte’s genomic tests, leading to their broad physician adoption and payer reimbursement. Prior to Veracyte, he held leadership positions with IBM’s Global Healthcare and Life Sciences Division, and Humana, Inc.’s Innovation Center, a division for healthcare consumer research. Mr. Hanna began his career in
- health policy and advocacy at America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) in Washington, D.C. He currently serves as Chairman of the Reimbursement Workgroup for the Coalition for 21st Century Medicine, which represents the genomic diagnostics industry on policy and regulatory issues. Mr. Hanna holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia and an M.B.A. from the University of Miami School of Business.
Ashish KheterpalChief Information Officer
- Ashish Kheterpal serves as Chief Information Officer of Veracyte. He joined the company in 2011, serving as Vice President, Information Systems, before being promoted to CIO in 2016. During his tenure, Mr. Kheterpal has led Veracyte’s technology development and deployment in support of the company’s infrastructure, operations and product development as it has grown to a three-product company with over $65 million in annual revenue. He has over 22
- years of experience in information technology and operations for life sciences and other companies. Prior to Veracyte, Mr. Kheterpal held senior IT leadership roles at Celera, a subsidiary of Quest Diagnostics; CareDx; and Incyte. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in physics and a Master’s degree in computer science from Jawaharlal Nehru University in Delhi, India.
Julie BrooksExecutive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary
- Julie A. Brooks joined Veracyte as Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary in March 2014. She brings over 25 years of experience as a general counsel and executive team member, primarily for NASDAQ-listed and venture-backed multi-national medical device, biotechnology and healthcare IT companies. Most recently, she served as Vice President, General Counsel for Bayer HealthCare LLC, which acquired Conceptus, Inc., a NASDAQ-listed medical device company where she served as Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary. At Conceptus, Ms. Brooks
- oversaw all legal affairs, corporategovernance, compliance, litigation and IP management. Previously, she was Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Secretary of Perlegen Sciences, a venture-backed, Silicon Valley-based genomics company. Ms. Brooks earned her B.A. and M.B.A. from the University of Washington, her J.D. from Santa Clara University and her Masters of Law in Taxation from Georgetown University Law Center. In 2013, Ms. Brooks received the Silicon Valley Business Journal’s “Women of Influence” award.